If an Endo-Woman for A Mile


HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!!
       I don't know if the commemoration means anything to you, but I'm always up for especially celebrating anything good and wonderful, and women sure are that.
       Despite the fact that I suffer under this woman-disease, that has often laid me waste, even threatened my life, I LOVE BEING A WOMAN, and I wouldn't change that for the world. 
       Being also deeply spiritual, liberal feminist and humanist means I must always be for the educational upliftment and advancement of women and men, all people really: because love is at the heart of all these things I practice.

       Fit to wear her shoes?

       You know there is this thrust called Walk a Mile in Her Shoes (click on the link to learn more), that's grown hugely popular. I remember using an image on my TV talk show when it was just a starting up seedling: of men wearing pink and crossing the finish line in high-heeled shoes after walking a mile.
       Now I see it's described as The International Men's March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence; thus it deserves all applause and support. I seem to remember, though, that early on, it was to support the fight against breast cancer, which is vitally important and should never stop.
       What this has to do with endometriosis is I started today's post intending to write that if doctors, policy-makers, medicine-makers and others could walk a mile in endo-copers shoes, they'd work harder to help.
       Then I realised that there are doctors, policy-makers, etc. who DO walk miles and miles in endo-sufferers shoes, because there are women in all these positions in the world today, and with the rate of spread that endo has, a lot of them have it. 
       Think about it: they used to call endo "The Career Woman's Disease."
       Aside from that, there a millions more women and girls who have endo than have breast cancer and HIV combined, who are walking day in day out in their own suffering shoes yet are not being moved to do anything about fighting against this most common of female ailments.
       What is wrong with us?
       Maybe the problem is what is right with us: women are so strong against suffering; so holding on to hope; so often seeing the rainbow mid the rough clouds, so always putting the interests of our loved ones before ourselves that we just don't jump down the throat of some things even when it's killing us.
       Time to STOP THAT SH**!!!

       In beauty may you walk 😇


Photo by Jhaye-Q: Trinidad & Tobago Kiddies' Carnival 2018; sometimes we need help to "take our broken wings and learn to fly again." But we've got to keep pulling our own weight, too. It's what women do.
       






0 comments