Did It Oil With Friendship

I LEARNED about castor oil packs while helping a sistuh save her womb.
       She, in her forties at the time, was being told by doctor after doctor that the best "solution" to her fibroid issue was a hysterectomy.
       They would say, "At your age, and you have two grown children, you don't need it."
       You wish I was paraphrasing.
       Ever the book-buyer, I passed her my copy of Sex, Lies and the Truth About Uterine Fibroids. The author, Carla Dionne, a registered nurse, saw fibroid patients face the same as my friend over her career. Then she faced it herself when she was diagnosed.
       Her intent was to arm women with knowledge, thus, options; toward preventing the callous cutting away of a vital part of our female make-up. 
       I had not read the book fully. My bugbear was endo, after all.
       But my friend took things to heart, and near well learned the book off by heart; then gave me the 4-1-1 on CO-pacs.


       That's what sharing does: it comes back around again and the learning goes both ways.
       Thanks girlfriend!
       Speaking of which, CO-pacs can be an endo-gal's best friend as a long-term, curative method. My friend shrank her fibroid to half its size using this. I diminished endometrial implants, scar tissue, clotting, constipation and some of the pain resulting from them.
       It's not a cure-all. But it is another piece of "regimen-arsenal" to rack up for your combat-endo forays.


WHAT YOU NEED

  1. Castor oil (to local sistuhs, PLEASE, not that stuff sold in pharmacies by a certain charlatanesque local brand, that's mixed with who knows what. Check an authentic essential oils outlet, like Mustapha's on Henry Street, Port-of-Spain).
  2. Plain white flannel
  3. Saran wrap (or recycle clear plastic bags like your bakery bread comes in)
  4. Heat pack of some kind (check on-line for make it yourself ideas)
  5. Wipes
  6. Scissors
  7. Old Tee or towel on standby

Run off and gather these items, dearies! 
In the next post, I'll tell you all the benefits of castor oil and HOW TO DO YOUR CO-PAC.

In beauty may you walk     


Photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels 

0 comments