Something To Rely On

Sometimes with endo rough spots, sisterhood works best


THERE'S RESEARCH showing that ill people may become so attached to a trusted person or favourite item they instantly begin to feel better by being near that person or thing.
       After years together I certainly attest to that sensation with my BBF (beloved boyfriend). He's seen me through the worst of my endometriosis, and that could be where the seeming magic of this phenomenon lies.
        Another very specific surprising way he helped me feel better came in the effect from pressing my aching pelvis to his firm butt. Sounds insane? 
       There was something about the exact feel of his derrière, taut but not hard, with a lovely apple curve, that gave such comfort. I wanted to spoon him and press myself to his rear whenever I was in pain. (It was to his advantage, too, since he LOVES having his back rubbed.) 

Holding on to help

       Of course that was not always possible, so sewist, I designed a pillow that came close to feeling like my BBF's actual posterior.
       I could have or take it with me when I couldn't be near him, and use my arms to press it to my pelvic area. It actually helped ease pain some.
       Maybe it's mind over matter, but when you're going mad with hurting, anything that eases is something good. Sometimes the thing is actually bad, so focus on finding what's all-good.
       Sometimes it's not a person or thing, but an activity you enjoy that can distract you from pain; enough so you truly feel a bit better.
       I love reading so much it always makes me feel empowered and fires my imagination. So at times, simply reading about endo facts, remedies and help would give me a sense of relief. It was like being given fuel to "image" agony improvement.
If you have not done so before, it is time to start taking notice off what people, items or simple enjoyments have this kind of effect on you during bad endo bouts.
Here's what can help you track such things: a committed, comprehensive journal.
Next post for sure

In beauty may you walk

Photo by nappy from Pexels


0 comments